Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Octagon Card for Artful Inkables


Hi, everyone! Over at Artful Inkables the challenge was to make a card of a different shape using the color purple. I thought at first I would try a tri-fold or easel card.
While I was looking for paper and found this purple, it just reminded me of spring fancy. So of course I thought of butterflies and dollies.
My Grandmother, bless her heart used dollies everywhere. I remember she had the most elaborate embroidered dollies. She had ovals, big table runners, squares and this one octagon set in particular we use to pull out every spring were these purple butterfly dollies. So here is to you grandma I love you and miss you lots.
Hope this brings back good memories for you too!
Have a wonderful day doing something you enjoy.
Colleen

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is down right awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Artful INKables.... good luck GF!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think we must be related. All my grandmom ever did was sit and crochet. Love all the pretty purple.

Betty Benton said...

I love those gorgeous purple colors!! And your grandma memories are the best!