Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

One Layer Wednesday


Hi everyone, it's time for One Layer Wednesday over at Simplicity Blog.
This week Susan's challenge was to use a border stamp and sediment only. In my efforts to inking stamps I've had that have never seen ink, I found this wonderful flower border stamp! I was in love with this little daisy stamp when I purchased it about a year ago. There it sat in my bin marked flowers. Today is the day for firsts! I've also been wanting to use the Kraft paper I purchased from Gina K Designs about two months ago. I love the CAS designs Cathy, one of the DT members at STV makes with her Kraft. After using my stampa-ma-jig to place the border stamp inked in Tim Holtz Distressed Walnut Stain, I used it to place the sediment also inked in the same color over the middle cluster of flowers I then used my scor-pal to emboss some lines anchoring the border stamp. I used my souffle pens to color in the flowers and leaves.
That's it for today.
Hope your day is wonderful!
Colleen

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Seems that it is hard to go wrong with the Kraft paper. This is just lovely, Colleen!
Suppose to go to work, but have been fighting a fever from out of the blue. Didn't need that today. Keep these beauties coming, my friend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome! You are a natural at CAS cards!

Bonnie said...

Such pretty little white flowers! I really like this stamp.

Heather said...

A beautiful card, I love this stamp it's so pretty.

Susan said...

FABULOUS stamp! and you've done a great job showcasing it! I love the way the sentiment curves around the stamped design!! Awesome card!

Carol said...

Such a pretty stamp! And it looks so lovely on the kraft...love how the white flowers pop!

Donelda said...

Coloring white on Kraft is one of my favorite looks - you pulled it off wonderfully!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely border stamp, perfectly place and chosen sentiment and great colour combo. It all fits together beautifully.

G Peplow said...

Great card, love the way the flowers pop away from the card and the sentiment shape is echoed in the rounded corners, lovely:D xx

Susan Raihala said...

Hee, hee! You weren't the only one who used a "new" border stamp for this challenge. Your daisies are beautiful on kraft, and the embossing grounds it so well!