Thursday, November 3, 2011
It's finally happened! A deadline missed. I've been working on this card for a few days between work and puppies. I finally get to post only to find out the deadline has past. Oh well, I still had fun with Selma's technique found here .
I used some glossy paper sponged some lavender all over then stamped my background trees with versamark heated it. Sponged over that with London Fog and Black Soot.
Then you use your static release all over stamp another tree with versamark and emboss. Step three would be to use your mister lightly mist and let dry. The water spreads the ink away from the water and leaves little white spots, thus snow.I decided to split mine to give the window look. Added some Websters Trim, my flourish although very small was used to give the appearance of ribbon atop the tree topped off with a rhinestone.
That's it for now. I went to the local stamp store in town yesterday afternoon. They are a copic refill station, I wanted to learn more about it. They also design and produce their own stamps. They had some very nice Christmas stamps. I may just make a card today in between shifts. LOL
Posted by Colleen at 3:44 AM