Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Monday, January 2, 2012

Craft A Scene


Well the title says it all, Craft a Scene!
My good stamping friend Olga, told me about this new challenge site Craft A Scene.
I have very few stampscapes stamps, but here goes.
My paper is glossy tri fold paper from Staples(I can use both sides if I goof)
For ink I used Black StazOn, Marvy #60 Salvia Blue, # 96 Jungle Green, #5 Yellow and the following Tim Holtz distressed inks Fire Brick, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, and Wild Honey.
My stamps, Cabin with Fence 144F, Boulders with Lichen sm. 210C, Pine Row 150E and from Crackerbox Palace Stagecoach EO1201. I had to use my sponges because that is all I had on hand. My stamp store in town carries the stamps and the sponge holder I'm missing and they are closed today! :(.
I will be there first thing tomorrow they are having a store wide sale. I wasn't going to go, but now I think I must!
That's it for today, must feed Bob before he leaves and get ready for work.
Hugs and have fun creating your scene, I just may do a few more.
Colleen

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW!!!!! Girl this is amazing!!! Beyond gorgeous!!!!

Sheree said...

LOVE your scene Colleen!! Fantastic layout and the colours you chose to sponge on are so warm and inviting! My Pine Row stamp has sat idle for a while now and you have inspired me to bring it out again!
Thanks for playing along at Craft A Scene!
Hugs,
Sheree

NancyD said...

Colleen, Thanks for playing along with us in our very first challenge. I love your scene, especially the stage coach. I don't think I have ever seen that one before. The scene makes me think I am looking at the old Bonanza show.

I have looked at rock stamps in the stores but never buy any because I don't know what to do with them. You and Sheree have both provided some great ideas. Lovely job! NancyD

Patti P. said...

Wow, you guys are awesome with these scenes, I wish I could do that....this site is going to be fun, even if I just spectate. I too see Bonanza in your card as it is one of my fave old shows. Beautful card!!
hugs....

The Other Patti Sue said...

Yep... I'm with Patti P., looks like Bonanza! LOVE the scene you've created. To bad you have to go to that sale tomorrow... LOL!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is amazing! Leave it to you to have a stage coach! LOL! Love how you did the distress inks!

Betty Benton said...

You really rocked this scenic challenge -- it's a wonderful site for both you and Olga!!

Karen Aicken said...

I just found the challenge blog as well, and will have my card ready to post tomorrow. Just wanted to swing by and tell you how lovely your card is - beautifully done!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

stampinganja said...

Amazing, love the colours, and how you put the scene together, really nice! I wish I could do it like this! Thanks, for sharing, Anja

Helen Dooley said...

This is a beautiful card. You did an awesome job!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

hi there Colleen, I am loving this, well done, so different! and am so glad did mine before seeing how very good everyone else's is as may not have had a go! Thanks too for popping over and am going to encourage you by following - think that is so nice to get to know folks in a new group! God bless Shaz in Oz.x
PS just think might come with you to that sale! would be soo much fun!

Gail said...

WOW, no wonder I'm a little intimidated about stampscaping!
Great job, and I love the stagecoach!

shazsilverwolf said...

Love your use of colour in this one- it really pulls you into the scene. Smiled at Nancy's comment about Bonanza- I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing as I scrolled down, lol.It great to see so many people joining in with the challenges, I am so looking forward to making a lot of new friends here.
Shaz xx

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous scene!! I love the brightness of your colors too! Congrats on being in the top 3 for the challenge!!

Karen W said...

Beautiful scene, I"m one of the moderators for the Stampscapes II yahoo group, this is gorgeous!! We are a very active yahoo group, mandatory participation and we do yearly retreats in IL.