Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Monday, May 27, 2013

Tim Holtz's May Tag


It's TAG TIME again! Tim's tag shown here is all about rub-ons, resist, stains, and alcohol ink this time around. I used all the same elements as he did just not as distressed. I actually cut out my rub-ons before I put them on. I wanted a clean look to this tag because I was using a girlie set call Urban Chic and my favorite colors tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade and picked raspberry   My choice for coloring my metal tag was Wild Plum Alcohol Ink.
After I put on the rub-ons I swooshed my tag through the three piles of stain on my mat, this time I was very careful not to let the colors blend as much as I had in the past. I lightly blotted off the excess color over the rub-ons then spritz with water a bit. I carefully heat set the whole tag(rub-ons didn't melt or loose shape) then stamped  one of the images from the set twice and the numbers from the set on the bottom in Green Grass. I added some of Tim's word rub-ons to my metal tag some jump rings and one of his pearls. My ribbon was stamped with the butterfly image from the same set in white Stazon then colored with a watered down versions of the same stains as the tag. That's it for me right now.
Hugs 
Colleen

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I was trying to figure out what you did to make the ribbon.... it looks awesome. Now I see it! Great tag, Colleen!

craftieodmae said...

well girl you aced it!!!!