Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hope


Hi, Second post for today. I just have to say I'm so happy to be back crafting. I created this page for the Eclectic Paperie challenge, create something to do with or about hope. My husband has always said I can find hope in the worst of times, when I think about it I agree it doesn't take much to give me hope. Thus my sentiment reads "there's hope behind every closed door and even on ruffled pathway's" feel free to steal it as I just made it up.
I've been wanting to try this color combo for sometime, I'm use to working with warmer colors. The inspiration for the colors came from a set on a TV newscast I watch. LOL The technique was inspired by a You Tube video from EP found here.  I just changed it up a bit, instead of my frame being random I wanted something more formal. I took a several scraps of paper, mask the frame use gesso to cover the middle and dry.  I decided to try a resist technique. Using TH Antique Linen paint I loaded up a generic background stamp and began to fill in the frame part. Once that was dry it was time for the spray I used Dylusions Crushed Grape, London Blue, and Vibrant Turquoise. I think I rolled over it a bit quick because even though I did get a bit of variation from gesso to non gesso I think I can get more. Not wanting to "mess" up the page I decided to keep it just the way it was. Then I began searching for my elements. Since I was using jewel toned colors, I thought it would be best to do a fancier page than I normally do. I rounded up some of my flowers, lace, and bling. I found this amazing leftover piece of ivory colored paper with a glimmer on it. I put it through my favorite cb folder and sponge it with TH Antique Linen Ink, traced the frame out and fussy cut. My letters were silver, converted with TH Black Soot Paint and Blue Jean Crackle paint. Oh I can't forget my feathers. Still I wasn't pleased the door was missing something, I asked my hubby what would make it look more like a door and he said hinges. I jumped up and much to his surprise I said I have some. He was right. Everything is laid out and looks good now I need to add some more interest before adhering, I used my florescent green paint and a Unity Layers of Life stamp from my November kit, an amazing butterfly from the June LOL kit in stamped Archival Cobalt and TCW Tiny Dot stencil here and there with the same ink. Lastly created splashes with TH Tarnished Brass paint and adhered all elements.
I really have to find a way to cut down these post down.
As I look out the window in my craft room the snow is swirling like crazy with winds gusting up to 50 miles an hour ...... can we all just hope for spring right now.
Hugs
Colleen

5 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is a great color combo, Colleen. I love the sentiment you made up. I had no idea you did one of the Unity kits.....I have so many now, I am running out of room. Nice job!

Sue Lelli said...

Colleen, I am so GLAD you played with us at our eclectic Paperie HOPE Challenge! LOVE your layers and your Pretty jeweled toned colors!

Micki said...

I tell you what, I seriously thought that it was an embroidered fabric case. You did an awesome job with those colors. It really does look like a pillow - so dimensional. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along in our January eTeam Picks Challenge.

Tracy said...

It turned out beautifully Colleen.... love your quote and the colour combo....wow! Yes I am with you in hoping for spring.
Thank you so much for joining us for the eTeams Pick challenge.
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Andiepants said...

Beautiful color combo! I think you nailed it! Thank you so much for participating with the challenge and good luck!!
{{hugs}}
Andiepants