Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Melt Pot Art


















Just because I joined several swaps that require multiple identical works of art, I decided it would be nice to have a way to make my own trinkets. I have a giant jar of Utte that I will never use any other way. I started looking at videos on you tube about the Melt Art Pot and thought it really may fit into some of the art I've been working on lately. I gathered up my husband and two 50% off coupons and went to Michaels and purchased a pot and some molding compound. Just the basics that day. It sat in the bag for about three months, this last weekend Michaels had another 50% off coupon I printed two and off we went to get silicon molds.
The last few days I have been hard at work making the above trinkets. There is a real trick to it they don't tell you in the videos. You have to learn how to pour the stuff just right. It took me several tries to get some of the items. I really am in love with the darker ones, the others are ok and I can cover them with gesso and spray them like I did the leaf which was made with a rubber stamp as were a few of the others.
So that is it for me today. I'm going to try to make the blog rounds then I must get to work on a project. Tim Holtz has his tag up and I don't have the stuff so I just might use something I have. I also see there is a new Craft a Scene and Great Impressions up. So who knows what I will do.
Hope your day is great.
Colleen

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you always amaze me, how clever!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Now how fun is that! I love the birds and branches, especially! Like any other technique, you just got to learn to master it. Look like you are well on your way to doing just that. Did you see the sneak peek of all the new TH stuff that will be released for CHA? I thought of you. Keep warm.