Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Monday, March 10, 2014

Faux or Real Tags?


A requirement for this challenge is to say, what in the example inspired this project ...... so I better get that out of the way first. After reading the instructions Darcy provided I knew many of the techniques were new to me and I'm really trying to improve my journal work that was first thing. The second was tags you know how much I love doing them.
JOURNAL WORK and TAGS whats not to love. 
You may or may not know I found a new to me site. It's called Paper Artsy and can be found here. They have a very eclectic array of stamps, from steampunk, whimsy to artsy. Their images include flowers, people, architecture and others. They are a UK company, however most if not all their products can be found on simonsaysstamp.com. I've probably said before you do not have to use their products to enter a challenge, and they have daily challenges. All that being said this project was for a monthly journal challenge one of their artist holds. Her name is Darcy and she does the whimsical steampunk illustrations. Which of course I fell in love with.  Now as you can imagine by looking at this there are a ton of details I'm not going to bore with those you can find all the instructions here. Darcy explains every step carefully and with pictures and tips. I can tell you I have at least 16 hours of work in this project and loved every minute. I learned so much and used so many new techniques. My supply list is almost as long as the instructions so I will generalize. Stamps from Unity, GinaK Designs, Creative Words, Image Tree and Stampabilities. Inks TH Distress and Archival. Paints Acrylics and TH. Stencils Donna Downey and TCW. 
Other tools used to make markings old gift card, skewer and ruler. If you would like to scroll down and see some detailed pictures feel free. Otherwise its bye for now. 

 















Thanks for looking :)
Hugs 
Colleen

5 comments:

marysunshine said...

Colleen, this is gorgeous, wow unbelievable, you did such amazing job. How long did it take you? You are inspiring me, to start it up again.
I must ask what type of book are you using? I plan on doing Joy's art journal too this weekend but need a new sketch book.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Glad you spent all that time, my friend! This is super amazing! I love the layers of inks and paint. Gorgeous.

Darcy Marshall said...

Hi there, thank you for joining in. I am so glad you did, wow you made an awesome page. thank you for the lovely comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed making your page and that you learnt new techniques. A journal is a great way to build up a catalogue of techniques that you can use in other projects.

craftieodmae said...

you rocking out some gorgeous pages!!!!

Patti P. said...

Wow, stunning work! You are bragging on my Cameo work but you are really blowing the mixed media out of the water. Wish we were closer and we could share our new loves.
The sending sunshine is my fave but I love all of your tags and what a gorgeous background you have created.
Can't wait to see your next share.
hugs.....