Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Paper Artsy Resist

I was so happy to be able to finish two projects over at Paper Artsy this month. The technique this time is emboss resist by Gail(ionabunny). Her project is stunning. I took the idea of embossing powder as a resist in a bit of a different direction. I used the large pine branch and snowflake from ELB10 and added a smaller snowflake from a different collection. I stamped the branch several times and used a Christmas tinsel green to emboss for the snowflakes I used winter wonderland which is a sparkling white. I sprayed my paper with a generous coat of water, Laid down a large area of Wild Honey Distress stain spritzed with water and swiped my 1/2 sheet of card through the puddle until I was satisfied with the color. Let dry matted on a dark green card and used kraft for the card and the sentiment from ELB12 embossed in winter wonderland on kraft matted with the same dark green..
I sure had fun using my Paper Artsy sets again. Bonus I have 6 new Christmas cards. I really didn't have time to try all of the techniques shared on the blog over the past two months, but I plan on going back to at least one when I get more paint colors next month. My stuff should have been on order already but I have trouble deciding what to buy first because my supplies are so limited as I'm new to this manufacture. 
If you stay tune, tomorrow I should have an art journal page up using Jofy 24 and Jofy 10 along with other stamps.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment it really means a lot that you took your time to do so.
Hugs
Colleen

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous!! Happy New Year!!!

Hazel Agnew said...

These are fabulous Coleen, good to see you back up and running! X

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty, my friend!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful cards!!!!