Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tim Holtz's tags of course

I can't believe I haven't posted since February. It's not that I have not been creating because I have, just didn't have time to post.

Today I want to share with you some Tim Holtz's tags. You all know how much I love Tim's stuff. Although it's only August the inspiration from Tim's tag below lead me in this direction. 

Tim used several word dies and an image from Found Relatives which I do not have. I do however have his Found Relatives Special Occasions, this pack consist of several vintage images from the holidays which I love. I do not have his word dies either, I do have his ABC thinlits which I also love because he of course thought of us and put extra letters and numbers in the kit so you could actually spell a word/words in one pass. I'm not kidding he included like 5 A's,  6 E's, 5 O's well you get the picture. I was able to spell out 5 words that relate to Halloween in one pass AMAZING! 
Once again I digress.  This tag was all about layers upon layers. I started with laying out my words on one tag, cutting and letting the letters fall by the wayside using the negative on top of a tag layered with Tim's tissue. Then the fun adding the ink, this part didn't go so well for me and I thought I ruined the tag. I stuck with it and after a day of thought I just used Black Soot lightly sponged over the entire tag and that brought all my colors together. If you look closely you can see some Grape Concord, Mowed Lawn and Dried Marigold under the Black Soot. My very next problem with my plan was the image I used was too small to be a focal point. I cut two leaves from Tattered Leaves Die in copper to draw the eye in and extend the "look" of the image. I cut two images from Tim's most recent release of Halloween paper and used them as Ephemera sanding the edges and outlining the entire image to give the shadow. Then I turned my attention to the embellishment of the tag. I pulled out Tim's extra long Cobwebs die and cut a piece of that from silver paper added a rub-on spider from this years rub-on's. To balance the top out I added a vile label and two more rub-on's. I used watered down Seedless Preserve paint for my splatters. I edged the tag in Concord Grape.

Below I've taken a pic of the two tags I finished too late to post. I love the one with the paint brushes.

I hope to be back a bit more often.

1 comment:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I see nothing that remotely looks ruined. These are great, and you do use your Tim well!