Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Glitter, Glitter, Gliter Everywhere!


That was the challenge at JustRite this week!
Last week I missed the challenge after going out and purchasing this Witch Way to the Treats Halloween set for the challenge. Must have spent too much time at the store! LOL I really need more Halloween stamps so why not buy ones I can use in a challenge I say. How happy was I to see this weeks challenge! Glitter, glitter and more glitter. I love working with my PK. Glitz glitter and score tape. I actually learned this technique from a demo at a local rubber stamp store I used to attend every Wednesday afternoon. Now I work every Wednesday afternoon :(.
Ok for the card .... All cardstock is GKD PL I used 120# White for the Ghost and the ghostly saying, Black Onyx for the mat behind the squared K&Co Halloween dp and Vibrant Violet for the card base and window frame. The bottom is a piece of PL 120# White covered both sides in 1 1/2 inch Scor-tape. Before adhering to the card I pulled the protective covering off the tape on top. I punched circle shapes in the covering placing them back on the tape, to effectively mask off those areas. The unmasked area was then covered with the MS orange glitter, I was very pleased with this glitter and I've tried many. After burnishing the orange, I took a few masks at a time off using a drinking straw end to fill the exposed scor-tape with either green, yellow or black PK Glitz glitter dumping and burnishing after each color. The Ghost "button" is one of the centers and saying from my new set. Since the saying states they are on the loose tonight, I got the idea to make the window, cut and hang the ghost images same as in the button from fishing line. I stamped more ghost, scanned the image into my computer and reversed it to make the ghost double sided. Sprayed them with Pearl Glimmer mist although it really doesn't show up so well in the picture. Cut them all out added fishing line between the layers, the fishing line on the pop dot layer covered with the frame. To finish off the window I added two different color ribbon shaped to look like curtains. I hope you really like this one, I do!
Have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.
Colleen

5 comments:

Marge said...

What a fun Halloween card, Colleen!!!

craftieodmae said...

I LOVE it! you did an awesome job!!!! It's Wed so don't work too hard.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I was wondering where the set went. Maybe we were on the phone too long! Glad you got to use it this week cause this card is awesome! All the little ghosties are so cute. All that glitter is perfect!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is down right adorable! Sounds pretty labor intensive!

Margaret T said...

What a fine piece of art and so realistic as if at a children's puppet show.
You did a very nice job on it. Maybe it was worth missing the last challenge!!!
Also nice explanation on how you laid your glitter on the Scor-tape. I'm sure many others are glad you detailed that part - the straw.
Absolutely great.