Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Girlie, Girl ???????


























Finally, I was able to get all the pictures up in order. I really had fun with these projects. I used up some black and white scraps I had leftover from another project. I combined two challenges in this one. Using JustRite stamps is the challenge of the day! There are TWO fantastic challenges out there ........ first is Joan's Garden make any card you want using only JustRite stamps, add any embellishments you want ...... second is JustRite challenge to make a Spring or Birthday card and an envelope/box to match, show the card with the envelope/box . Both challenges have amazing prizes! I hope you can join in:)
My card was made with scraps on a black card base. I added some chipboard pieces from Maya Road covered them in black paint and added Licorice PK Glitter Glitz before the paint dried. I used Spellbinders Beaded Circles for my first layer in the focal image adding pearls to the beaded parts. I used Spellbinders Circles to cut out the second black layer which I embossed with White powder using a decorative edge in the Just A Note Set. I pulled a thread in the organza ribbon to gather and arranged it underneath the black circle layer. I stamped the Happy Birthday in black on white and used the next smallest circle in the set to cut that out.
I used my Scor-pal to make my box from an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of card stock, covering it with some of the same dp as my card. I punched two small holes in the back of the box ran my ribbon through it bringing it around to the front and tying it off. Then I cut another Spellbinders Beaded Circle attached it to the ribbon added another piece of Maya Road chipboard this time painted in white.
Well that is it! I hope you like these projects and have as much fun playing with your paper as I did today.
Until later have a great time doing whatever......
Colleen

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are just way cool! Love the black and white! So amazing you got to use up all those scraps!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Oh and all your pictures are GREAT!

Betty Benton said...

Good luck in the challenges -- your black and white cards with the matching box are beautiful!!

Sheri said...

Really great job! Love your box! Wonderful use of scraps!

Unknown said...

Colleen this is beautiful. I love the black and white. The box is wonderful.

craftieodmae said...

I love it!!!! sorry I haven't been around, but I'm back!!! Love all I have missed commenting on./

Patti P. said...

Colleen, you did amazing job on this beautiful set...Love your ribbon treatment and the LO is a lovely design. Loving your box....I made one the other day from the SCS tutorial...they are so much fun. This is such an elegant look and good luck in the challenges.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well I stared at it last night, now I am staring at it again this morning...... You have outdone yourself, girlfriend! You have every reason to be proud of this set! You put lots of love and thought into creating it!

Sharon Harnist said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention, Colleen -- your card and box are fabulous! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!