Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Joan's Garden Challenge



Finally, I was able to finish and upload a card. This past week both time and computer problems hampered my creativity. I'm really going to have to start saving my pennies for a new computer. My husband was able to install a new power device in my tower and when I got power back my DSL modem went down. Now my mouse is acting up, that I can kinda deal with.
This card is for the challenge over at Joan's Garden . She challenged us to make a card using the colors purple and green, only use a strip of DP and add a butterfly. If you haven't yet checked out Joan's Garden please do. She has a wonderful array of products, which include popular stamps sets from many companies, spellbinders, paper from many manufactures and of course the newest items from CHA.
On with card details;
I knew right away what DP I wanted to use. I don't know the name of the dp, I purchased it over 2 years ago in a package from the dollar store. I used GKD PL violet and green apple as my cardstock. The stamp image is from Nina's set called Hugs and Prayers at Gina K Designs. This set is really pretty and contains a wonderful humming bird.
The butterfly is from Flora Doodles by Petaloo. I add two Hero Arts pearls to anchor the image.
The image was stamped in Tim Holtz distressed Concord Grape and embossed with clear powder so I could color with copics.
Thats it for today. I have to work from noon to six so I don't think I will have much time to play:(.
I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
Colleen

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

wow this is beautiful!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have been rockin these challenges. It is such a pain when the computer is on the fritz. I was okay until both kids moved to either end of Jersey. Ken use to work on an IT team at college, so he can usually bail me out. Anyway, hope this stay working and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Betty Benton said...

Sounds like your computer has been trying to drive you crazy. But I'd say you won, 'cause look at this gorgeous card!!