Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Decorating for the Holidays


Hi, blogging friends. Today I'm sharing a card I made from a new set I purchased from Peachy Keen stamps. I just couldn't resist this penguin set. It was not really expensive especially since I had a 30% off coupon.
I really wanted to put the penguin by an igloo and I remembered I had this igloo in my PC Crafters digi's. It took a bit of maneuvering and a few printings but I finally got it the size I wanted. I printed two copies so I could cut out some features and make the card more dimensional.
I started cutting and soon I had almost all the elements cut out. I put a few on dots to raise them and the rest I just glued on the original using it as my mat layer. I really hope you like this one! Off to work soon. Have a wonderful weekend.
Colleen

5 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

You have done a fantastic job on this cute little guy. This card just pops at you and you want to look longer at all the wonderful detail.

craftieodmae said...

this is gorgeous! You did an excellent job!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love this one... hope I'm on your Christmas card list! LOL!Super adorable!

Patti P. said...

Colleen, this is awesome. Love the layers and the images are adorable. I hope to post my award today....thank you so much, you are such a wonderful friend.

Selma said...

Oh what a cute, cute card. You did a fabulous job and I LOVE it. I agree, I hope I'm on your Christmas list too. I want to thank you for the award -- I plan to post it soon. You are so sweet.