Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary


I had today off ....... I quickly did the dusting, vacuuming, mopped the floor, and a few loads of laundry. I was done by around 7:30 am. I thought great I can with paper all day RIGHT!!!
I received 2 disrupting phone calls, from so called adults and was too stressed to think when I sat back down. So now I'm burning the midnight oil. At least it's quite.
I made this card for a challenge at Joan's Garden.
Here are the requirements;
1. Use paper that has a stripe (if you don't have one, you can make one) (Brown and Ivory Stripe)
2. Use a button or some kind of embellishment (Green buttons anchoring the saying)
3. Use a Heart (Spellbinders Nested Hearts)
4. Use a bow (I hope my Man bow counts. LOL)

I've covered everything I think. The corner piece is from Webster's Papers. The base, heart ans saying are all Gina K Designs Green Apple. The printed dp is from October Afternoons Thrift Shop collection. Can you read the line just above the striped paper? My saying on the heart is from a JustRite set called Romantic Sentiments and the one on the tag is from a Gina K set by Rupa called With This Ring. My bow is made from netting and jute. I think this can pass as a guy card?
This will be for my hubby in August when our anniversary rolls around.
That's it for now 2 hours past bedtime.
Colleen

9 comments:

redwasher1 said...

This is really gorgeous!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very elegant! Love your color combo... gives it a real vintage feel!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think you nailed it, Colleen! Glad you did not give up on the day. Weekends off are too hard to come by. Love the heart you used! *wink*

Patti P. said...

This is gorgeous....I love your man bow. This is a beautiful vintage look and I know your hub with love it. I agree with Patti, beautiful colors. Enjoy your Sunday...

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and like Patti, I love your "man" bow. Great job.

Thanks much for playing in Joan's Gardens #2 Weekly challenge. you did a great job even stressed!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Payne Holler Cards said...

Wonderful - love everything about it - really hard to pull off an elegant vintage Man card but you did it!!
We never know what a day will bring do we LOL

Glenda said...

This is such a wonderful card! Any man would love to receive! I love all the elements you added, so many points of interest! Well done!

Selma said...

Colleen I love everything about this card. It is gorgeous.

Linda W. said...

I love your card Colleen! My nested hearts arrived today so I finally finished mine - to get it uploaded now! You pulled off a great job on a manly elegant card!