Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Way too Cool to be HOT!!!!

Here is another Scrapbook page for Soul-Scrappers. I don't normally have my picture taken so this is a rare photo from the day after Senior Prom. The challenge was to scrap something of yourself at 18. My narrative says I don't remember the Prom and that is so true. I really did not like high school at all. I always felt like it was a waste of my time, I worked a lot during high school to help bring money home. There were five kids and my mom never worked. So I was pretty much on my own for anything I wanted once I got older being the oldest I guess that happens. Sewing in high school was a way for me to get new clothes I would have not had other wise. I would say I made about 90% of my outfits at the time. The outfit in the picture was one of them. I even made the pea coat. Now I don't even own a working sewing machine. I do have all my material still and have sitting in my closet enough material to make curtains and a matching tufted cornice box purchased about 3 years ago to make curtain for this house when it was built.
That's it for today. I'm not sure I will be back tomorrow. I think I have the weekend off though that would be nice.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Colleen

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

What an awesome page! I'm with you High School was a huge waist of time! I'm one of a herd of kids myself and know where your coming from! That's what makes us appreciate what we have!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic page, I was one of 6 so can relate! I too use to sew.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yep, I sewed in HS also. If I wanted a new pair of jeans, my dad had to save for months. My girlfriend from the street I lived on was my walking buddy. We walked everywhere! We would agree on one pattern since we were the same size, and walk to the fabric store for material. This is a great page, Colleen!

Patti P. said...

Glad to see your scrap page....haven't done one of those in a long time. I have never sewed but wish that I could. You should try it again (at least for crafting). I used to cross stitch but now that my eyes are "old" I have given it up...still have my stash though, just can't part with it yet. Hope your Sunday goes well. Enjoy.