Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Monday, February 13, 2012

Fly Away With Me!


That's the challenge at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, "Fly Away With Me"! All you need to do is.... use bird images and/or elements for your creation.
I had this beautiful bird image in the set Spring Has Sprung. I wanted to see what it would look like if I stamped it on vellum and used my embossing tool to give the bird a big white belly. After doing the belly I used my copics on the backside to color. I loved the look so much I just had to use it. What now I was playing on a scrap sheet. I backed the sheet with a scrap of ivory. With another scrap I made the frame using Spellbinders Label Four. I used a die from Heartfelt Creations to top off my frame and the black scallop on the bottom is a mess up while cutting out something else. I think it dress up the frame though. My card base is ivory as well, followed by a black mat and Webster's Papers dp. I added an ivory satin ribbon and some copic colored pearls.
Big for me I actually slanted my focal image!
Hope your day is going well.
Colleen


3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I have come to the conclusion that if I blink around here, I will miss multiple cards!I love the way you framed out the top of your opening with the Heartfelt die! What a beautiful bird!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the black & blue colors combo and beautiful details. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC!