I really have been working on my stuff, just no time to post! LOL. I almost always try to use something Cat does on my ACT's. She provides great inspiration for these little works of art. On the first one it's the bottle. I know Cat's were from TH, I checked them out and couldn't justify the cost for the set. There were more in the set than I thought I would ever use. So I though of looking in the miniature dollhouse department. Sure enough I found a set of 4 little bottles(cork included) for only $1.00. I know I can spare a dollar, so in the cart they went. When I saw Cat's ACT with the bottle I knew right away I wanted to use a fairy and have the bottle pouring fairy dust(glitter in the real world). I put some glossy accents in the bottle, laid it on it's side and let it settle for a few then added the glitter. I stamped, colored the fairy and fussy cut it. Found this tree I made while I was playing with my Circut one day. I'm not really sure why I left my bg white It's not one of my favorites. Why the glossy accents on the sentiment is foggy I'm not sure that was my second try at that. All in all I sorta like it, just not as much as this next one!
I've been eying this stamp for about three weeks now! So funny because it was only $1.50 at Michael's. OK there 4 to 6 of them I liked at $1.50 each add that up and I was over my Michael's budget for that week. So I put them back. Then a few weeks later I was back in Michael's and couldn't find what I was looking for so I picked up two of the stamps, this one and a vintage hot air balloon.
I knew right away this was the perfect size for my ACT's and it could be a great one for the boys. I had a picture in my mind of one of those old vintage pull toys. Making that image come to life was such fun. I fussy cut the lion, went to my basic spellbinders tags to find one that had the right size for the board. Then I went through my button drawer. I was looking for 4 of the same buttons and the size had to be right to look in proportion and look like they were really carrying the board. I lined them up so they would like real wheels, used some very tiny pop up squares between the buttons and then had to add some underneath to bring them to the right place on the board. I used clear glue dots to attach the board, sponging and string were already done. I found this old piece of chip board inked it up with my brayer and TH Wild Honey added some pop up squares to that, trying to build up the lion to the right place on the board. I had to add two layers of thicker pop dots to the back of the lion. Then I hand cut some small triangle shapes added the letters by hand and popdotted them to the string. This one was really fun. The best part was the challenge of making my vision come to life.
This past time Cat used some soda cans on her ACT. I have to confess I've never cut metal, this may be very interesting. First I have to find one all my soda comes for plastic bottles.
I hope this wasn't too wordy for you.
I still have time to work on something. Have a wonderful day.