Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sea Breeze


Hi everyone out there in blogland. I see blogger has changed something again at least for me. My dashboard is totally different.
I've been very busy at work for the past two weeks getting ready for the big spring clean up challenge. Our store was one of two that received 100% in points. Then I was hit with some sinus thing and was totally out of it. I thought I better get on the stick, so here I am :). I do feel 100% better now.
I started this card about a week ago, for the challenge at Craft A Scene. The stamp is one that caught my eye at my local stamp store Crackerbox Palace it's called Sea Breeze #J02808 and it's one of their own designs. The image includes the tree,water and girl. A bit of a soap box here ... I really want to support their business as much as possible, we already lost one local store and I want to help keep this one alive. I added the sailboat and sentiment from Theresa Momber's (GinaK Designs) set called Aloha.
My background was made by sponging Marvy #60 Salvia Blue and #5 Yellow. I used a white gel pen to enhance and add some waves. My flowers are from Recollections Michael's is now carrying. After several tries, using different supplies and paper I was finally able to get a great image with my Archival Jet black ink on white card stock.
I have another post after this if you want to see my latest ACT's.
Hugs 
Colleen

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love this, Colleen! It's good to see you back. What a super image! It was brilliant to add Theresa's touches. The polka dots were a great choice!

Betty Benton said...

This is a stunning card! I love that you added the sailboat for this lovely young thing to be looking at -- do you supposed her fella has just dropped her off after a lovely sail?

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Fantastic, Colleen...very summery

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Fantastic, Colleen...very summery

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well you certainly kept your mojo while you were MIA! This is totally awesome!!!!!

NancyD said...

I think your card is fabulous Colleen! I agree with you on supporting local craft stores. They don't carry every thing I need or want but they do have the basics, classes and assistance that we all need. Keep on creating - love to see your work at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Gail said...

Very eye catching...must be all the elements together!

Scrap Affair said...

The stam is something I would DREAM to have! And I love the polka dots in different colors, it adds a summer feeling to the card!
Glad you feel better.

stampinganja said...

Great card, love all the details and how it reminds me that summer is coming!
Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene!

Deanna said...

This card is just stunning! Great colors that compliment the layout of your scene:)