Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Troubled Skies


Hi everyone, once again its been a bit. I've tried to stay with contest that are only once a month hoping I could complete those, here I am with only one day to go posting. It's been a crazy month. I had a wonderful past two weeks all five of the grand kids were here on Thanksgiving and Adrieene stayed over for a few more days. We did a baking marathon she made seven different kinds of cookies, salt ornaments and some cupcakes that looked like frog faces. Enough of that! On to the challenge and card. This is for the challenge at Craft A Scene. make a completed project depicting the stormy skies of November! This is what November looks like at the very most notheastren part of Wisconsin where Lake Michigan boarders the shoreline. With gray skies churning up the waters. 
Details of the card
White card stock for image and base.
Some dp from my desk and Green Apple cardstock from GKD PL collection.
My stamps are Stampscapes 210C Boulders with Lichen sm. Just for Fun's 5 Window Postage View stamp and matting (more about that later in another post). Just for Fun's Ship and the light house is from a GKD set called Guiding Light by Rupa.
For my inks I used several TH blues and greens.
I hope you like this one. I will be back in a bit with some other news and more projects.
Hugs
Colleen
 

5 comments:

Dora said...

hello,
beautiful scene!! the sky looks so good, the lighthouse is really needed, haha.
nice combine of the stamps and beautiful lay-out.
great colouring.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

craftieodmae said...

gorgeuos, I love the stamp style, use to do this once in awhile and forgotten bout it thanks for the inpriation!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

There she blows! A great sky for a great challenge! Glad you got to enjoy the kids. Wonder what the news could be?

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love your view through the window. It is such an atmospheric card, really lovely. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

NancyD said...

Love your postage stamp view die Colleen. You have made a wonderful scene with stormy sky and sea. Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD