Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Helper


Hi, I'm back as promised. (this is a long post) The third weekend in November is always the weekend the big stamp show comes to Madison, WI.
I didn't even think much about it until I received an e-mail from one of the companies that was there last time I went. When I saw the e-mail I thought and thought finally I decided even with a limited budget I could go see what was new. The newest thing I found left me giddy.
This is what I was most excited about, a company called Raisin Boat. The company first caught my eye with all the masculine stamps they have. Knowing that I have three boys to make cards and ATC's for. They have many, many other stamps as well. 
The really exciting news is they rent the stamps, like Netflix rents movies.(you can also do just straight purchasing) You can get a month by month membership for what I think is a really reasonable fee. They send you return envelopes postage paid. How many times do need that image only once? Or maybe your working on seasonal cards and don't want to use the same stamps as last year. Then if you really like the set you can keep it for a small and I mean small fee no shipping fee included.  I do believe they come out with new stamps every month and they have a monthly challenge where you can win a set of stamps.
Needless to say I joined and received my first 4 sets in the mail, just one day after I signed up. OK you may not receive them that fast depending on where you live. Their home base is Wisconsin. This is my first set of projects with my new stuff. 
This months challenge was to make a Thank You card. I used the set called Handy Dandy Helpers aren't these elves just cute as can be. For the sentiment I covered parts up with tape so I could split it up. I curved the top part a bit to get the shape. I put the THANKS on a separate paper pop dots to adhere to the elves hands like a banner and then used the rest of the sentiment under the image.
My next project is an ATC card for the boys wall unit I used two of their sets called Splash and Freestyle Boarding.

So there you have it that is my big news. Yes I get really excited about my stamps. I can't wait to pick my
next four sets. I really had a hard time choosing. I will be posting more cards and Christmas tags with another set called Signs Of Santa.
Sorry for being so long  :)
Hugs
Colleen


3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These look gr8! So glad you found some new inspiration! The elf is adorable and the ATC just rocks!

craftieodmae said...

love em both, but the first one is just AWESOME!

Linda said...

Hi Colleen, Your card is wonderful and that was such a sweet tribute to Bobbie and Kim. They are two amazing ladies with an amazing idea.
Thank you so much for joining the challenge and spreading the word about Raisin Boat.
Linda
DT member and challenge coordinator for Raisin Boat