I think you can guess by the title. I've been watching the Eclectic Paperie blog for a bit now. I've seen some very interesting projects from the DT team, lots of color and whimsy. Which is not always my style, that being said I would like to try some of the projects. So here is the first Altered challenge a canvas.
I know you are thinking where is the color. I did a small ATC canvas to try some of the materials I had on hand. Lot of color right!
terrible! Back to the trial and ERROR. I painted the mess over with black paint, because that is all I had on hand. It seems that someone took my paints home from Christmas break. I used some molding paste and a stencil I found at Hobby Lobby for the Owls, my Steampunk Graphics(hand with sign and dictionary page) are from the Graphic Fairy Site. The hats are from an old steampunk magazine, scanned and printed on card stock. I had the feathers, hardware, chipboard shapes, letters, numbers and paperclip on hand. The stamps I used for the pocket and the hand with sign are from Prmia.
This was a week long process there where highs and lows but somehow yesterday after work it just suddenly all came together. I'm very satisfied with the end product. I will be purchasing some more paints and stencils.
Off to another project.