I decided to get brave and play with the Tim Holtz 12 tags this year. It is something I've always wanted to try, though I do not have a lot of his items I do have some of the more girlie ones. So I started with the tags and supplies I had on hand. The tags I had were smaller than the ones he was using and no way could I fit all that stuff on. So I cut the right size from some ivory cardstock and started over. My tags will never look like his(see below) but I followed all the same principles.
The repetition of three grunge paper elements the TH sm. birdcages. I exchanged the dp pine branch and bird for the finger. My ribbon is see through with satin edges much like the film strip. I used the brick wall embossing folder sponged with dried marigold, wild honey, rusty hinge and my new favorite color picked raspberry. A tiny clothes pin colored with picked raspberry instead of a clip. You have to have metal on a TH project so I used metal tooth washers and a game spinner. They fit the color scheme, were the right size and at my desk. All my stamping on the layered sentiment and ribbon are from his Urban Chic CMS086 set. Which I've had forever and absolutely love.
There were two new to me techniques in the instructions the first was to get droplets of water not mist, droplets. How did he get droplets from his mister bottle I'll never know, I tried :( on to try #3 LOL He said you could get them using your fingers and flicking. Picture this, from my craft room to the sink with my tag flick, flick oh no its running all over. Finally I was able to get a few drops look real close at the bottom of the tag just by the bottom of the cut off birdcage. The next one was stamping on ribbon, I know everyone else has done this. OK struggle to find a ribbon that I can stamp on, by now I have spools all over the floor because they have been boxed from redoing my room, yes I found one. Followed the instructions to use Archival Ink, I only have black wow that black really stands out. You have to dry with your heat gun after every stamp so the ink doesn't spread. I used my spun sugar stain over the entire ribbon and dried with heat gun. Added a bit of bling and called it done. So you say what did I learn .... I need to get more of the ribbon because I think that technique looks great, flick your fingers several times in the sink before on your project and find the Archival Ink in more colors. I had fun pulling it together.
I hope you stayed with me.