Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lighting the Way


Morning, Having a hard time getting started today so I thought I would post early. The challenge over at Craft A Scene this month is to use a lighthouse in your scene. (if your looking for my altered book please scroll down) My lighthouse is from GKD illustrated by Rupa Sheved called Guiding Light. My ship is one I picked up at the stamp fair this past November from a company called Just For Fun. My clouds and boulders are both Stampscapes stamps. I recently invested in some Adirondack  Inks lights for my scenes. It makes a world of difference when coloring with the Stylus. I'm still practicing though.

While I was sitting watching the paint dry on my book and the ink dry on my card I decided to throw this ATC together. I'm still trying to fill my trays. Those boy trays are going to be tough to fill. For this one I used Prima Stamps. I found these at Hobby Lobby when they had all stamps and stamp set 40% off so I only paid like $3.00 a set with between 9 and 15 stamps in a set. They are the perfect size for ATC's. I stamped all the images at one time colored them and then fussy cut them. I grabbed some tissue paper that I had on hand stamped it with a script stamp in Walnut distress and clear embossed. Went over the entire card with Rusty Hinge distress then started layering the images. Two of the images did not stick out against the background so I outlined them with white gel pen.
I better get to work now I have a few projects to work on.
Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Colleen

5 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Colleen, wow your lighthouse scene is stunning, I love the effect of the light shining across the sea. Gorgeous little ATC too
Claire xx

Patti P. said...

Wow, this may be of my favorites. I love this scene! What a fabulous job you have done with this challenge.
Love your ATC as well, what a score on those stamps.
hugs...

NancyD said...

Super lighthouse scene this month Colleen! Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Sally H said...

A great lighthouse scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a scene this month and good luck!

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous scene! The Adirondack lights are just perfect as the first layer on a scene. Gorgeous highlighthing of the boat. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!