It's the beginning of a new month and that means a new Tim Holtz tag.
As you will see mine is not at all like his, because it's mine :) and that's OK it's the fun of creating and learning new things.
Tim always gives clear step by step instructions of the techniques and materials he uses its awesome. You are seeing the creative mind of a leader in the industry. As you know I've been trying some new things lately, mostly due to a site I found call Eclectic Paperie. Kim the owner of Eclectic Paperie, who is well known for her creations also plays along with Tim's tags. When I read her blog this morning it was then I had the courage to step out and try the tags again. Last month I was very unsure about my tag, this month I made it my own. I did use a lot of Tim Holtz products you can see them splattered through out. I used the same techniques sorta and kept the same principals.
My tag was generated by using watercolor paper and cutting to size. I stamped it all over with TH embossing ink and embossed with lilac ebp. I smush the tag onto my mat in a puddle of water mixed with Antique Linen heat dryed to set. Covered the rest of the tag in Spun Sugar stain heat dryed. Distressed the edges and used Tea Dye stain on them.
For my images I used some free digis from Ephemera's Vintage Garden(the link I have is not working). With computer magic I melted two images the note card and the lady added the shape of a heart at the top fill with color and printed two out. Fussy cut the image and now the fun begins. I found my Layered Wings die, ran it through TH Rays folder then smush through a splot of water mixed with Shaded Lilac attached to the back of my lady, since I do not own his markers I used my water pen and some Victorian Velvet again off my mat to color the ladies dress. I used the same color with my Fantastix coloring tool to make the frame of the "playing card". Instead of Kraftcore, I used Whitewashed Core-dinations ran that through an eb folder and sanded then I attached at heart type keyhole from TH. Tim used twine on the bottom of his tag. I took my jute and ran it through some Tea Dye stain then threaded it through my lace adding the TH key along the way. I did use TH tissue tape as he described folding in half to make a ribbon. I can't beleive it takes so much typing to describe what I did. I even forgot to tell you about the crown, I had some left over heart doilies on my desk and the outer edge look a lot like a crown and even curved just right to fit her head so I used my Pewter stain on that. I colored half pearls and added them as a necklace.
Well here is a close-up of my lady.
I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.