Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Saturday, May 4, 2013

House Work???? Yard Work ????


But I'm in the middle of a project, I've waited two days for these pages to dry and the inspiration to hit. OK so I just did now (as the sun is going down) cut the grass and I cooked dinner this morning.  This all came about with the last months Tim Holtz tag. I spilled some of my paint and used card stock to clean it up so, I added a few more colors and seriously waded it up and I had a background paper. Thursday I was looking to see what I could use it for and all of the sudden I saw a shape of a flowing skirt in the mist of all the wrinkles and yes I was wearing my glasses. So I cut out the skirt and made my pages with my Dylusions  spray cut grass, lime, sunshine, lemon zest, and just a spritz of poison red. As you can see I still have not mastered the sprays yet. My right page is coated with red. After a day of drying I tried to cover with Fiber Paste. The ink drew up through the moister in the fiber paste....... another day of drying and I added some orange and yellow paint to the right side it seemed to tone down the red enough. 
Part of my journal is for trying new things, on these pages I stamped with Tim Holtz paints on Dyusions stamps. I also cut some hearts and leafs out free hand hoping to make them look like a flower. Used my new Chevron stencil by Donna Downy. I wrote free hand which is something I never even did in Scrapbooking.
Of course we are, our own worst critics these are the things I really see differently now that the picture is up. I think the face is way to harsh and the "wind" blue stamping around swirling dress  looks more like octopus legs, the neck appears too short.
Always something to learn. Now onto my next project an altered jar. I have mine already and for once I have an idea right away. Lets hope it works.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Hugs
Colleen

1 comment:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I really wish I had your imagination when it comes to these creations. Amazing how you picked out a skirt! Keep up the good work! So glad you are having fun.