Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Make Your Embellishments!
Hi everyone, I'm really excited to tell you about this new challenge site I found. The name of the company is called Paper Artsy. They have many very unique stamp lines which I am in love with. I'm not sure how I happened on the company, perhaps it was when I looked up Steampunk images, which is my ATC swap this month. At any rate I looked at the stamps they have, several of which I will be purchasing as soon as possible(not available in states till mid March).
They have daily challenges you do NOT have to use their products or do exactly what the designer does just talk about how you were inspired by the project or technique they used.
This post is for Tuesdays challenge. Follow the link and you will see how Pam created her own embellishments for her Bubbles scrapbook page. Isn't it cute.
Here is what I did I started by cutting several of TH Tattered Flowers. I started by making that big flower in the center of the cluster, I really didn't expect to like it because I never really like the flowers I make. I was trying to mimic one of the flower stamps they have by using one of my collage stamps I picked up from Michaels. Then I just don't know what came over me, I used TH Tarnished Brass paint for the second layer while it was still wet I stamped it with a crackle stamp for texture for the third layer I took my TH Gathered Twigs and wiped it on my Swiss Dot CB folder. Then I began to manipulate the each layer adding pop dots to secure each layer a little PJ Glitz Chocolate glitter in the center and a bit of the Tarnished Brass around the edges and it was complete. It may not be the best but I sure did love how it turned out. So now what I had a start on my embellishments ......? I thought about the stamps I have and I had nothing that would go with this giant flower I went to Digital Two Tuesdays to find a Victorian image that I could size to fit the flower. I colored the image ever so lightly in places with my Pan Pastels. Then I needed to find/make a background, I remembered the burlap I purchased long ago with gold thread running through it perfect. I attached the burlap to an 81/2X11 sheet of kraft and then trimmed off about 1/8 inch on a second sheet of kraft for the backing. Made two smaller flowers and leaves. The photo corners were made from a round scalloped Spellbinders die and cover with the same treatment as the second flower. Remember when I made all those embellishments with my Melt Pot :) and Utte. That is where the flourishes, branch, bird and butterfly came from.
Wow that was long I hope you all stayed with me. I have more detailed pictures below if you want to scroll more.
If not that is OK. I should be back tomorrow with another project.
Thanks for Looking :)
Posted by Colleen at 6:45 PM