Monday, February 17, 2014
I finished it! Many times since I started doing Altered Projects over at Eclectic Paperie I've said I will do them if I can find a way to mix the project into something I can use. This time when it came around to altering a playing card, I had to think long and hard, I bought a pack at the store hoping I would come up with an idea. I sat at my desk day after day looking at the cards ..... suddenly the idea came to me as I was arranging them in different formations. I could do a wall hanging for my son. Four years ago I did a scrapbooking page in a frame for him, he gave it back to me last year and asked me to make him an updated one. This is what I came up with. I hope he likes it! There is a long list of supplies, most I don't know the origins of. I gathered some stickers, brads and chipboard from my scrapbooking supplies, I used some of TH idea-ology parts, bottle caps, paper flowers and ribbon. In fact my whole desk was covered in this and that. I mapped out all the cards and decided on a color scheme. TH paints Salty Ocean, Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint were used in that order straight from the dabber on each card and spritz with water. That is the short version. I believe this just may be for his birthday in March.
Posted by Colleen at 10:52 AM