Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Monday, March 31, 2014

Butterfly Garden


Hi, everyone today I'm here with a new to me challenge over at the Unity Blog here. They provide three choices, color challenge, card sketch challenge and a scrapbooking sketch. I chose the color challenge








So I could work in my Art Journal, I started purchasing the LOL(layers of life) club almost a year ago now and have a pretty good selection. They provide a great variety of images for Art Journaling both background and large focal images.  I used the following sets Be Still, one of Donna Downey's, Paper Hearts June 2013 (LOL) Full Circle Movement Nov. 2013 (LOL) and Spring Inspired March 2014 (LOL).
My background was made with two different colors of Geltos, some acrylic paint through a Donna Downey Damask stencil. My images were stamped in Archival Coffe, Archival Aquamarine, some were stamped in gesso. I used some Iridescent glaze on my lighter flower images to distinguish them from the background the others were colored with Geltos not watered down. For the greenish brown color in the example I mixed some TH Crushed Olive and Walnut Stain under my stems for dirt and grass effect. I bordered my pages in TH Walnut Stain also. My very first drip-age try I wanted a bit more of the mustard yellow color in the example so I took TH Mustard Seed paint mixed with water and a dripping thingy held my book at an angle and sparingly let it drip.
That's it I hope you like it. P.S. If you any Unity stamps take a look at the challenge with the link I provided up top.
Hugs
Colleen  

1 comment:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Bravo! That is an excellent job on the color challenge!