Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Scrapping Nature

I'm back today with another new challenge from Soul Scrappers, this one is all about scrapping NATURE. My wonderful ATC friend Mary who is a DT at Soul Scrappers takes the most amazing outdoor pictures and she is running the challenge. For more info you can find the challenge here.  As some of you know my husband the enabler was a little over enthusiastic last spring at the garden center. I was looking for a bush for the front yard and we left with my bush and two others he picked out along with five rose bushes he picked out for the backyard. Earlier in the spring I picked out some bulbs to plant for no other reason than price and I had never really planted them before.  I was lucky they all came up at some time or another during the summer. I'll tell ya it's not easy waiting and waiting.  I was disappointed though because each bulb came up at different times and the actual flower really didn't last that long at least not long enough to get a vase of them.   so by the magic of my photo program I now have a vase of my long awaited mini glads. The picture in the bottom right is the picture I used to get the vase of glads from.  Of course there is two quotes to go with the challenge and you can pick one that best goes with your layout.  I picked "Love is the flower you've got to let it grow"    by John Lennon
Details: 12X12 of TH paper stash my other papers used to make the vase and various mats are scraps I had in my scrap box all this time. YES ALL THIS TIME LOL I'm not a hoarder I promise.
Stamps are Unity inked with TH gray then a few lines with gesso and a credit card.
For the border I used a stencil from Paper Artsy with gesso first once dried I sponged over it TH walnut stain ink.
The heart on the vase is one I made with my Melt Art and embossing powder.
I'm sure I will back again in a few days with some other strange project.
hugs
Colleen

1 comment:

marysunshine said...

Colleen you did such a beautiful job on the challenge , those flowers are gorgeous. thanks for playing.