Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Friday, February 17, 2017

Dream

This Mixed-media project is for a challenge involving masks or masking over at the Paper Artsy blog.  I really struggled with this one because I'm use to using stencils but masks not so much. When they introduce the challenges they always provide several examples from the most simple to the hardest and during the two weeks the challenges are running they have guest or DT members work up a project using the topic. This allows one to get several ideas. I was still struggling with the topic I made one journal page and while I like the page, I didn't think I used the topic correctly.  THEN I saw a project by Ingird.  I so love mixed media projects and hers was beautiful. While investigating the mask topic more I remembered the butterfly stencil/mask I purchased some time ago, I think it's TCW but I'm not sure.  That started it, I remembered a board I had started for another project and built my project from there searching my craft room for bits and bobs.  I have detailed pics below.

Now for the stuff:  The one thing I'm proudest of on the whole project is the frame I made from a box top, left over negative parts of TH trellis die, some square gems and a found object taken off and saved off an old project that had seen better days.
Glued everything down with gel medium, gessoed and then I used PA chalk paint White Fire then after drying I really watered down some PA's Inky Pool and used that as a stain. The pic in the frame is old dp I had cut down. Hardware from Home Depot and some Spare Parts.
Flowers, feather, leaf, gemstones and the crown all from Michael's
Angel wings, both die cut butterflies are TH dies.
Background colors are Pan Pastels over torn dp.
Gesso for the hash tags and splatters.
Stencil from PA Jofy PS011 with the following mixture of paint sponged through it. One drop INKY POOL Five drops LONDON BUS and three drops SNOWFLAKE. matching the color of the rose.
Stencil from TCW SNOWFLAKE is the bottom layer and then I mixed the SNOWFLAKE and TANGO for the masking part, the large die cut butterfly and tip off some of the flowers.
Stamps used from PA sets Jofy 31 and Jofy 24 with Coffee Archival Ink some were stamped off first.
Edges were done with TH Old Paper.
WOW that was a lot of stuff, I hope I didn't forget anything.
Hope you like this one
Hugs
Colleen

7 comments:

Julie Ann Lee said...

Colleen, this is such a gorgeous project. I love the frame you created and the colour combo is terrific! I thought Ingrid's project was amazing too! I really like how you took inspiration from her but made this very much your own too. xx

Wanda Hentges said...

A wonderful project!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazel Agnew said...

Great to see you back Colleen. I was inspired by Ingrid too. Great project! X

Sarah B said...

A really pretty project xx

Bryan Evans said...

Fab project, as you, I really love the frame it is stunning

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely !

Anneke said...

Awesome project! Love the background and the frame!