Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Thursday, March 23, 2017

Behind Closed Doors and Windows

I'm really just getting back into my Paper Artsy stuff, believe it or not about a year or more ago I ordered several new paints and stamp sets intending to use them and never did. This set Jofy 29 is one of them. I loved everything in the set the house, tree, bricks, key and the sentiment "home sweet home".  When the topic(challenge)of doors and windows came up I was stumped. I didn't want to do the same old window die ect. Then I saw Emma's pretty card and I thought I was going to make a mother's day card, I sat down this morning looked through my stamps and found this set. I knew I was going to do a journal page and try some of the new paints I purchased and never used.
Paints: Chalk, Beach Hut, Coral and Yellow Submarine.
I was very pleased with the way they they mixed and the translucent properties. I stamped the bricks, key and words from the set all at once on one block using Archival Black. Then stamped my houses and trees on plain white stamping some parts twice so I could layer the roofs and tree tops. Colored them with markers.
I hope you like my entry.
Hugs
Colleen

6 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Brilliant fun!

Julie Lee said...

I'm so glad you had some fun using your PaperArtsy paints and stamps. This is a beautifully vivid page. xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Are you kidding me? I am sure glad you took a break, cause the work is just flowing right out of you, and each is better than the last. I adore this!

geezercrafter said...

Smashing creation Colleen, love the use of colour and the stamping, very effective.

Hazel Agnew said...

You have crammed so much interest into this piece Colleen. Love it! 😊

Corrie Herriman said...

Such great little houses !