Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recess Time?


I have waited a long to time make this card. When I purchased this set School Yard Fun from Whimsy Stamps, I always knew I wanted to pair it with TH Brick Wall eb folder. I looked for months to find the folder and no one had it. I was really happy to find out I could order it from my favorite store in town and I had it in three days.
Then I finally was able to find Whimsy's challenge blog so that was the only incentive I need. This weeks challenge was for a mono chromatic card. I used light gray as my main color, followed by a very dark gray for my mat. I added some silver embossing powder and silver brads. I used a tiny star punch and added glossy accents. I used their large Postage Stamp die to cut the slide out. The challenge is always on Wednesday so this is a bit late only two hours left.
I'll tell you where I've been in the next post, stay tune for a big laugh!
Have a wonderful day and I will be back before noon my time.
Colleen

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

that is one awesome gorgeous card!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Just look at your school playground surrounded by that tall brick wall!! And the cute slide image! What a fun card that brings back lots of memories from younger years!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love the graffiti on you playground wall! Wowzer!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one cool card! Love the EB folder and it goes perfectly with your image!