Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Saturday, June 17, 2017

Coppertone

Today I'm sharing a mixed media canvas I did just because. I was working with my friend from Soul Scrappers on Skype. We pulled together junk we found in our scrap area and used no new materials. My colors started out way different than this, lol I started with TH Squeezed Lemon ink it was way to bright and soft for the heavy elements, I tried some of my TH oranges and they didn't work either. Finally I brought out my Dylusions Chocolate spray, that was so dark I wasn't sure I could rescue the project without walking away letting it dry for a few days, coming back and applying another coat of gesso. Michael's is now carrying some Prima products weeks ago when I was there I purchased some mica powders and some Patina paste. I picked up the mica powders and went to work with a dry paint brush. It really worked! Now I have this beautiful old metal looking canvas. I say not so bad for collecting some junk. I certainly could have added more but I'm not so sure I like the crowded canvas.
That is it for today hope I get a chance to play.
Hugs
Colleen

No comments: